- Languages required Dutch, English
- Open to remote working? Maybe
Oceans of Energy is a young company, the first in the world to install solar panels offshore in ocean conditions. Our goal is to enable populations near the sea to generate abundance of clean energy using sea space rather than scarce land.
Our modular offshore solar farm system has been in operation at sea for a year. This year we will extend and increase the pilot size, hand in hand with ecological research to understand the impact as well as the benefits for nature and marine life.
To further professionalize our organization and enable fast (international) growth in the coming years we are looking for a senior finance professional who will take the responsibility as CFO, either immediately or after an initial period, depending on seniority and previous work experience.
The function is based in our office & fabrication location near Leiden.
We are 100% focused on making the offshore solar a success without being impeded by a traditional core-business and that places us in the best seat for leading the development of this innovation. We have a young and diverse team of 20 (15 FTE) professionals, with backgrounds from all kinds of engineering disciplines, business development, marine and environmental science and finance & project management. Our founder and CEO is financial-educated at INSEAD and has 20 years experience with working on mooring systems and installation of floating platforms. He was awarded with the title ‘Ingenieur van het jaar 2015’ and received the first ‘Prins Friso Ingenieursprijs’.
We believe our team has the fundaments that are needed for disruptive innovation: the right skills, with plenty of offshore knowledge and experience internally as well as through an offshore network; a clear focus on clean energy; and internal procedures fit for development and innovation.
We cherish an environment of caring and looking out for each other and regularly plan, when possible, inspiring and fun team outings.
The objective of the CFO role is to manage the financial health of the company and to support the growth of the company, among other by attracting financing and managing investor relations. Having experience with series A funding is a must.
There are many responsibilities and tasks, that fall generally on the following categories:
Funding and investor relations
- Manage series A funding process in 2021/22, currently anticipated to be 3-5 MLN EUR. Including: scouting and selecting potential investors, structuring and planning the process, shape investor presentations/pitch decks, provide relevant and up to date financial projections and forecasts, set up funding related documentation / contracts in cooperation with lawyers, set-up and manage data-room and other information for due diligence purposes.
- Maintain relationships with investors and banks.
- Prepare monthly investor relations reports with input from various departments.
- Manage cash position / runway over time, including working capital optimization.
- Keep oversight over the financial position of the company. Identify risks and opportunities and proactively proposes actions to MT as needed.
- Responsible for setting the company budget, set project budgets, update with actuals.
- Report monthly on budget and actuals for the company and for large projects and analyze deeper where needed.
- Guide and support the financial admin / controller staff in their work, as needed.
- Improve the financial management processes: budgeting, procurement, actuals tracking, reporting, etc.
Project financing support
- Assist Project Development Director in setting up approaches to project financing for offshore solar projects worldwide, including for instance development or review of project financing models and business cases.
Costing and pricing
- Maintain and improve over time a product costing and pricing approach and model.
- Review and approve financial aspects of commercial project proposals and set-up financial project monitoring for each committed project.
- Review and approve subsidy/grant proposals to ensure that our proposals are financially sound and realizable – in terms of estimated costs and our own contributions to the proposed projects.
- Monitor and steer our ongoing product cost reduction plans to be agreed and then executed by engineering. Set up KPI monitoring and steering on this topic.
Bookkeeping, Accounting and Tax
- Manage the relationship with our book keeper and accountant and assess their performance and take action as needed.
- Ensure the book keeper and accountant receive relevant information on a timely basis.
- Ensure accountant generates relevant (semi) annual reports on a timely bases and that these are properly filed to chamber of commerce.
- Ensure book keeper / accountant report to tax authorities on a timely basis.
- Ensure Tax claims / submissions are done in time.
MT member responsibilities
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and qualities:
- Experience in raising Series A funding followed by Series B
- Experience in Investor Relations
- Structured and strategic thinker with entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in accounting and controlling, preferably in a production / projects business. Grown up in a large professional organization but seeking new experience in a smaller scale-up now
- Experience in project accounting, project structuring and project financing is a pre
- Experience in cost price calculations, cost price reduction plans and management is a pre
- Hands-on, practical, no politics; not afraid to do some legwork
- Be strict on the numbers and financials toward the organization but in a constructive manner
- Able to build a team and attract strong people around him/her and let them grow
- Excellent English language skills
- Open-minded, good communicator and team player
How To Apply
For more information and applying, please send CV and a short motivation to email@example.com with subject “CFO “.
- Salary Offer 60 - 80,000
- Address Wassenaarsweg 75