- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No
Role: Cloud Engineer
Start Day: June/July 2022
D2X is looking for our new Cloud Engineer to join its office in Amsterdam!
What we do
D2X will be the first pan-European derivatives exchange for digital assets. Thanks to our regulatory-first approach, reliable trading interface and robust risk management, D2X will bridge the gap between Tech and Finance to facilitate the adoption of digital assets for institutions. D2X is focused on providing the safest infrastructure to accelerate the development of the asset class. Our ambition is to become the leading market infrastructure for digital assets, first in Europe and then across more geographies and asset classes.
Working for D2X means being independent, creative, and adaptive. Our culture of innovation and accountability creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career.
Technology at D2X
Digital assets trade round-the-clock, 365 days a year. Therefore, we are constantly seeking the most advanced technology to offer a fast and reliable trading interface. Rust allows us to achieve that in a productive way. Developing, testing and optimizing our codebase is the bread and butter of our Engineers.
What you’ll do
- Build resilient, scalable and secure cloud infrastructures (e.g. EC2, ECS, EKS, MSK, S3) and change management services (CI/CD piplines) on top of AWS;
- Optimize developer workflows through tooling and automation to increase the flexibility of the platform, particularly specializing in Infrastructure as Code through terraform;
- Expand Engineering team’s knowledge of AWS solutions, its infrastructure, principles and performance through mentorship and knowledge sharing presentations;
- Design and establish core principles of working with AWS within D2X.
Your Skills Set
- Prior experience of designing, deploying, and scaling production infrastructure;
- Deep knowledge of AWS cloud-based infrastructure and solutions, its principles and performance;
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems and network principles;
- In-depth experience with container management systems such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- A strong drive for continuous improvement and ability to think on your feet to overcome challenges;
- Experience with latency sensitive systems is a bonus.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Energetic, collaborative, and fun work culture
- Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives
- Learning experience in financial markets and digital assets
- Stock option plan for full-time employees
- Bike compensated by the company, up to EUR 749
- Gym membership, up to EUR 35
- A maximum of 27 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
Are you up for the challenge and do you want to join our team as our new Cloud Engineer? We would love to get to know you!
*Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor non-EU citizens at this stage.