- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? No
Do you have the passion to build your own business?
Holland Startup is here to help.
When you become an Entrepreneur in Residence with us, it will be your primary task to co-found, validate and build a startup.
Holland Startup builds teams of two (yourself and a co-founder), helps come up with an idea, and then helps you to validate and build your company using a standardized process, allowing you to move rapidly from ideation to scaling.
Holland Startup is unique in offering aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to meet their co-founder, come up with an idea and product, receive expert guidance and be enabled to become a successful business owner.
Holland Startup, an Utrecht-based Startup Studio / Venture Builder, was founded in 2014 with the goal to help young entrepreneurs succeed and overcome the pitfalls of venture building.
Since then, Holland Startup has become the specialist in the design, incubation, acceleration and active operational support of digital companies and their founders.
Our core philosophy is “Enabling young entrepreneurs to shape society”.
For the next 5 years it’s our aim to help 50 entrepreneurs build 25 companies utilising the SaaS business model, with the aim to deliver positive change to the society we live in.
We invest up to 1 million euro’s per venture, and provide all of our ventures with office space, legal, finance, HR & recruitment services; as well as regular workshops, coaching and startegy sessions.
- The opportunity to become the Co-Founder of a fast-growing, successful, disruptive startup.
- A process to lead you to match with your Co-Founder.
- Full ownership from scratch: shaping and pivoting a high-level idea into an actual proof of concept and ultimately an MVP (minimal viable product);
- A research grant while building a startup;
- Expert guidance from a specialist in-house team of Startup Coaches.
- An extensive professional network, access to relevant expertise and in-depth guidance;
- Incorporating a company and getting backed by venture capital (and their support team) at Holland Startup;
- Support from a vibrant and multicultural startup community at our headquarters in Utrecht’s city center, where your startup will be based. Including fun community events and Friday drinks/borrelen.
- A team player: you flourish when you work in a competent and driven team. Your fellow co-founder is your partner in crime!
- Leadership mentality: having the confidence to make good decisions under pressure and with limited resources.
- Work ethic: putting in the hours to stay on track, achieve your goals and push towards the light at the end of the tunnel
- Entrepreneurial ambition: business impact is always on your mind. You’re open, curious, investigative and you have a positive mindset. You’re willing to take on the role of pioneer, take risks and explore unknown avenues;
- Co-ordinated and flexible: you’re hands-on and have proven experience in managing projects independently. You’re decisive, but are always maintaining flexibility to adapt plans according to new insights, changing circumstances, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Attentive listening: you ask the right questions and you are an excellent listener, as demonstrated by the capacity to pick up significant information from verbal communications;
- Resilient: you’re resilient, determined and passionate about your work, and you continue to perform effectively when facing time pressure, adversity, disappointment and opposition;
- Analytically strong: you’re a start at identifying problems; recognizing significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems; investigating relevant data.
- Disruptive thinking: you’re able to propose original solutions and transform accepted methods, always questioning the status quo.
- Results oriented: you’re passionate about achieving tangible results and are driven to find the right business model for the venture. You’re able to engage stakeholders, listen to potential customers and translate this into successful business.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (HBO/WO) in a relevant field;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- 2 -10 years of relevant work experience;
- You live in the Netherlands, preferably a commutable distance to Utrecht, or are in the position to move on short notice.
- You are legally permitted to work in The Netherlands for at least 9-12 months from your start date.
- This is a fulltime program
- This is not a standard employment opportunity, you will not be employed by Holland Startup, but by the startup you will build
- We cannot sponsor visa applications – however, it is possible to apply if you are on a ZoekJaar (Search Year) visa.
NEXT COHORT: SEPTEMBER 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE 14TH OF JUNE 2022
Contact Daria Drobyzheva – Talent Manager
- Salary Offer €20 - 40,000