- Languages required Dutch, English
- Open to remote working? No
Brainial was founded in 2019 with the vision to create a product that allows knowledge workers to excel and stand out. Simply put, automating basic duties and tedious tasks leaves more time for human interaction, where true value can be created. Freeing them from simple, repetitive work and enabling them to be creative again and use their expertise & knowledge to the fullest.
Our international team is composed of driven data scientists, engineers, and business minds. Together we want to change the way people are dealing with tenders by creating the most intelligent, trusted and beloved digital tender assistant to get better proposals faster. Our international client base is growing rapidly, especially after an investment round in March, and that is why we need a best-in-class Data Scientist to join our team.
As part of the Brainial R&D team, you will have to extract insights from our data mostly in the form of unstructured text and images. As a Research Data Scientist one of your core tasks is to support the team in turning their ideas into production-ready models. You will be joining a small team of Data Scientists and Engineers, together you will be developing our core models. Your ideas for improvements and suggestions for the use of new techniques are highly appreciated. You will leverage all the new techniques in the fields of computer vision, NLP, machine learning and experimental design to build the world’s best tender analysis platform.
Your role will be to lead ML projects of 1-3 months at a time. These projects start with researching possible techniques and solutions, to test and compare these options, build the best solution and lastly deploy it to production. Furthermore, you will monitor model performance and catch data drift. You will be successful when you are able to deep-dive and significantly improve the 50+ predictions we make in our application.
As a bonus you have the opportunity to shape the way users interact with AI based software. Key challenge here is to create trust and engagement with the user while the software recommends and predicts all kinds of actions and triggers.
- Working with highly ambitious and driven people in an awesome startup environment
- Super fun team and frequent team activities
- Competitive salary and opportunity to grow: with rapid growth, new roles are popping up. Deliver, show energy and challenge assumptions and you’ll be there fast
- Steep learning curve: you can experience a challenging and exciting career, faster than you can possibly imagine
- Monthly team activities
- Hybrid working forever
- No vacation day policy: you decide when, how long, and how often
- 3+ years of experience in working with NLP models and text analytics
- 4+ years of experience in implementing and applying algorithms in Python
- Experience with Machine Learning, Language Models and AI in a production environment (PyTorch, TensorFlow, sk-learn, Spacy, Transformers, MLFLow etc.)
- An intuitive understanding of business problems
- Full working proficiency in English
- Basic understanding of Dutch language, full working proficiency in Dutch is a pre as most of our clients are Dutch and most of our data is too
- Experience with computer vision and object detection is a pre
- Experience with working in a project environment or scrum is a pre