- Languages required English
- Open to remote working? Yes
Are you excited by finding creative solutions for complex software challenges and working with the latest technology available? Vellum is looking to hire a Tech Lead to help scale our generative design software.
What is Vellum?
Vellum is startup company that combines cutting edge generative algorithms with architecture to generate architecture designs that helps property developers estimate the feasibility of their investments. In short: We generate buildings. We are a young company that has grown fast in the past year, because of which we are now looking for a lead software engineer that can help shape the product.
Vellum combines geographical data from many sources like plot and regulation data (GeoJSON) to provide a starting point for users to generate buildings that comply with building codes. Buildings can all be modified real time, which requires us to work on the edge of what is possible in browser and server technology. To do that we work with the latest technologies, like NodeJS, Vue, Python (Django) and a fully automated CD pipeline. If you love finding creative solutions to problems that no one has ever worked on, then Vellum might be for you.
Our CTO has built the product from the ground up, but we are now looking to transfer part of this responsibility to a more dedicated Tech Lead.
What you will do?
At Vellum you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology. As you can imagine, buildings are complex, and generating correct designs is easier said than done!
- Building, shipping and maintaining a full stack of software that run in Python, NodeJs, Vue.
- Come up with new generative algorithms that might be better or faster, and evaluate their performance. The algorithms have a strong geometric focus so strong linear algebra skills are required
- Building and maintaining a scalable CD pipeline.
- We’ve taken first steps in machine learning and objective based algorithms, and are keen to explore this further
- Help build systems and processes that come with scaling development (testing, continuous delivery etc)
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is excited by taking on full responsibility for the software development process.
Who are we looking for?
Fit the profile
- Bachelor or masters engineering degree. Comfortable/experienced with linear algebra and geometric challenges
- 3+ years of work experience in a fast growing environment
- You are able to tell us what technical choices we should make.
Share our values
- We’re building brand new technology, which means innovating while we go along
- We’re building a platform, so everything we build has to be scalable in the long run.
- Building clean code makes you happy, satisfied customers make you even happier.
Fit our culture
- A desire to be a part of a work environment where we rely on your ideas instead of the other way around
- A desire to learn. We don’t have all the answers, but we’re keen to find out.
- We’re passionate about technology. We’d love to hear about your tech experiments!
- We don’t have a ping pong table but rest assured we have plenty of other ways to have fun!
In short, we believe in getting great results through accountability and hard work, and above all a culture of growth, respect and fun.
What do we offer?
- Ability to work on exciting new technology that is pushing the limits of what is possible.
- Large amount of freedom and independence to shape the future of our product
- Friendly, informal work culture
- The latest in hardware and tooling
- We have always worked remotely, and at the moment we have no permanent office. This will likely change in the future, but the flexibility will stay.
Send a CV or LinkedIn profile with a motivation letter to email@example.com. Feel free to reach out for questions as well.